Tuesday, August 30, 2011

White Walls Never Looked So Good

Well, it appears that my toilet won't be moving out of the living room any time soon. I'm wondering if it ever will, or if I should figure it into the new room arrangement.  I've been thinking the room needed some extra seating, but I was leaning more toward upholstery rather than porcelain.


When last I posted about our living room/dining room makeover, we were in the middle of a little hardwood flooring dilemma. Well, I'll spare you the gory details that ensued. The bottom line is that we were pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. Our house is torn apart, and apparently there is no floor on the planet
at the flooring showroom that isn't more expensive than the original one.

So, we are paying extra to get the floor we wanted... the Columbia Timeworn.


In addition to the higher price tag, this floor also takes 2 weeks to ship. That means we probably won't get the floor installed for another 3 weeks. Therefore, we continue to reside in mayhem and dust.

The only silver, or perhaps I should say "white", lining is that the living room walls were painted today.

Goodbye tomato red...


Hello White Dove...



 Don't be fooled by the hardwood floors you are seeing. They are the original (too short) boards that were supposed to be removed, along with the boxes and boxes of hardwoods that are taking up too much space in my house. I was told they'd be taken out today, so I stayed home ALL DAY waiting. Do you think they ever showed up?



I don't think I've ever been more excited over white walls, because it means that something is actually happening... some progress is being made.

Oh how I hope I love the new floors just as much.

I hope something made you as happy today as my white walls made me :)

11 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to be patient but I have always found it better to wait for what you really want. Love the white walls and your floors will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The walls look great. I don't see anything wrong with the flooring that was going down. Looks very much like the same way ours is. I know you are tired of living in a mess, but it will all be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's going to be gorgeous when your all finished!!!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous room. I'm excited for you! Thanks for visiting my kitchen redo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not usually a fan of white walls but against those floors they are LOVely and you can add color in the decor! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really loving the painted walls...that would keep me happy for awhile. But there is no excuse for them not to pick up the wood. The last thing you need is more mess. But hang in there, it's all going to look fabulous!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the final product. Love the walls and floors!

    'Please visit our new website www.tableandtop.com'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well...the upside is you dont' have to clean house! ;) Seriously, I know it's a pain to live with, but shortly, it will be gorgeous!

    Hope you will bring one of your projects or posts to my first Potpourri Friday Party this week - Friday, September 2. Link-up starts on Thursday afternoon. Without a doubt, your participation will help make the party better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already see how beautiful it will be!

    So fun to see the process.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love the white walls. Right up my alley. It is always hard right in the middle of the renovation but looks like you can see the light!

    ReplyDelete